Amendment to this post – September, 9, 2014 – you’re currently viewing both “The Darcy” and Lionsgate condos units.
Context: This post Focussed on two fabulous buys in the higher end Downtown Bethesda scene. One – a three bedroom on the largest tier at The Adagio — and the second I mention in this post. Both “bargains”* in the very lows $1Millions, both over 2000 sq ft., it’d be hard to replicate those Best of Buys! That said, see The Lionsgate unit currently on at a shade over $1.5 million. Great exposures in an often “location challenged” building. **perhaps great buys relative to Bethesda price per square foot is a better way to articulate 🙂
[idx-listings zip=”20814″ minprice=”900000″ minyear=”2008″ statuses=”1,2,3″ propertytypes=”133″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”7″ showlargerphotos=”true”]
Take a look at the current Lionsgate Bethesda Inventory –
hand down best buy is unit #205…kindly bear us as our team fine tunes and fixes some special features.
We just listed a fabulous new Condo at The Christopher in Downtown Bethesda. Located at 4804 Moorland Lane Between Arlington Lane, and Woodmont Avenue, The Christopher Condominium is a stones throw from the Bethesda Metro and the Downtown Bethesda’s Urban Core. Please take a look for yourself and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
[idx-listing mlsnumber=”mc7769389″ showschools=”true” showlocation=”true”]
4808 Moorland Lane # 1008
2 beds, 2 full baths, home size: 978 sq ft, year Built: 1991, two Garage Space
The Location – Downtown Bethesda | Condo Name – The Christopher
The County:Montgomery County Maryland | Full Address: 4808 Moorland Ln #1008, Bethesda, MD 20814 MLS# MC7769389
While the official zip code of this townhome enclave is 20815 (Chevy Chase, MD) – most people think of Downtown Bethesda when they visit Kenwood Forest, due to its proximity (walking, actually) to the Downtown Bethesda scene.
One of the few townhome communities with condo-ownership, especially in lower Montgomery County, individual associations maintain the exteriors of all the properties, as well as the grounds. Kenwood Forest units are mostly priced in the $500ks and $600ks.
View our “trailer” below to get a brief (really brief!) snippet of “Kenwood Forest life”….
As a kind reminder, turn your volume down if your surroundings are “volume prohibitive” 🙂
A Little History…
Kenwood Forest was originally built as rental housing just after World War II. In the late 1970s developers began the conversion from rental to condo ownership. Most units are two to three level townhome style with two, three and four bedrooms, with just a handful of one-level apartment style units. Many owners have added decks and, in recent years, renovations have included dramatic kitchen and bath updates.
Local AND Expert Luxury Property Realtors® – Can’t get much better than that!
A question I receive quite often from those moving on in! It’s great question, one which speaks to the popularity of Bethesda. It’s as if Bethesda defines the county…or perhaps more accurately said, is better known than the County…
Answer: Montgomery County, Maryland…one grandiose “area” that desserve a little more information.
Montgomery County Is…
- “Moco”: yes :-)… Moco is nomanclture some use when refering to Montgomery County – we love our “acrynyms”
- “Moco” is Maryland’s largest county and one of the nation’s most affluent…
- It borders Washington, D.C. to the South and the Potomac River on the West.
- The Southern area, probably 1/10th the size of the county, is often the “Greater Bethesda area”.
- Houses the National Institutes of Health, the Federal Drug Administration, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and a corridor “high tech” industries, the county is a large employer in its own right and attracts Washington workers
- There is an abundance of recreational and cultural facilities and the county is known for its extremely well respected public school system.
- The Metro subway system serves much of the county and there are areas, such as Bethesda that are known for their fine dining opportunities.
Montgomery County / Greater Bethesda Real Estate – The Nitty Gritty
- The county affords every type of housing imaginable – from high rise condos to tree lined single family neighborhoods, to working farms. It’s all here!
- The most expensive areas in the county lie closest to the city line…”the Greater Bethesda area”.
- When many people are asked to define The Greater Bethesda area, most will include Bethesda’s adjacent towns, Potomac and Chevy Chase, Garrett Park, Kensington (don’t worry, we have guides on this site for all these areas!).
Greater Bethesda Home Prices = Location and DC Accessibility
There are nuances to all these areas the county but since the question referred specificaly to Bethesda, let’s talk Bethesda!
There are nuances to different neighborhoods which have direct correlations to home prices…the “Micro-Market”. Proximity to metro, demand for property types in a certain neighborhoods, …will vary not just in these large towns, but the neighborhoods.
Interested in more information about Montgomery County and the Greater Bethesda area? We have both tools and some pretty decent agents 🙂 working behind the scenes more than happy to answer questions / help educate. Feel free to call or e-mail, leave a comment any time. Great days to all…